Thursday, October 18, 2007

CAMIGUIN, The Island of Your Dreams

The Sunken Cemetery

About the Island

The island-province of Camiguin is a pear-shaped volcanic island in the northern tip of Mindanao. It is approximately 90 kilometers north of the City of Cagayan de Oro. It is bounded to the north by Bohol Sea, to the west by Macajalar Bay, to the southeast by Gingoog Bay and to the east by Butuan Bay.

Camiguin is the smallest province in Northern Mindanao, with its land area pegged at 29,187 hectares. It is composed of five towns, namely, Mambajao – the capital town, Mahinog, Guinsiliban, Sagay and Catarman. The island plays host to seven volcanoes, including the still-active Mount Hibok-Hibok. According to the National Statistics Office, Camiguin has a total population of 74,232 persons, making the province the second smallest in the Philippines in terms of population.

Source: http://www.camiguin.redbearnet.com/

The majestic Katibawasan Falls

I have been to Camiguin only last September 2006 together with some friends, this was already planned about six months before the actual travel. I've only seen this beautiful island through pictures in the internet not knowing that when you see it with your own two eyes, you'll fell in love with the place. Of course I have with me my digital camera to take pictures of the famous tourist spots of this island. This island is also famous for their sweet lanzones and during October of every year they are celebrating their Lanzones Festival. See the pictures that I've taken during my stay in Camiguin and I vowed to myself that I will come back to this beautiful island that I've considered to be the island of my dreams.

At the Guinsiliban beach

The Walkway at the Mt. Vulcan


Click the link below for more pictures taken in Camiguin Island,

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?gid=215946&owner=deybid007


Digg!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello everyone, please comment on my blogspot site. Thanks! :-)

Anonymous said...

ay, 30th visitor na ako!

pero mukhang ibang deybid ito, huh! parang ibang katauhan ang namamayani sa iyo rito...

Unknown said...

hahaha! parang kilala kita anonymous... hehehe! photography is just one of my passion... lalo pa't pag tourist spots or nature ang subject ko... thanks for visiting my blogsite... :-)